Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Halfling Tactics, Strategies and Builds
10-Jan-2012, 11:35 AM
RE: Halfling Tactics, Strategies and Builds
(10-Jan-2012 10:43 AM)NHM Wrote:  nice guide verbal!
the hotpots in ukbbl look like an effective team, with the record to prove it. 2 seasons with a winning record? absurd Smile
wondering why u prefer ur fol team actually, the hotpots look almost perfect.
re cage breaking with throw team mate:
as u said there is 49 possible squares, but u are more likely to hit the middle section than the outer due to how scatters work, so the odds are better than 1/10. too hard for me to work out, but i have a feeling the odds would be closer to 1/5 to hit someone in the traditional cage. not great, but better than nothing !
(someone has done the odds of catching a hmp with diving catch, will try to find that and see if i can get the odds. funnily enough aiming next to the ball carrier gives u better odds of hitting him if u want/need a direct hit)

yeah, been given that lecture before, couldn't really be bothered sorting it out (well stealing this table from Coach)

I've got it as 26.027777777777777777777777777778 % Guess I should be throwing flings at people more often Tongue

It's not a great tactic, best leave people with the lower odds lest they start getting cleva :lol:

'Well it's the Verbal Herman Munster, word enhancer, sick of phony mobsters controling the dance floor, I'm in those dark places, catch you when your stark naked, your heart races as i bump you for your chart spaces!'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-Mar-2012, 12:51 PM
Hello Fling fans, it's that time again, end of season update and what a season it's been!

UKbbl - The Lancashire Hotpots - 1480TV

W : D : L
Season 1 - 8:1:2 - 2nd
Season 2 - 5:2:4 - 6th
Season 3 - 7:1:3 - 3rd

1. Treeman - +MA/Break Tackle
2. Treeman - Block/Break Tackle
3. Fling - +MA/+MA/+AG/Sprint
4. Fling - +AG/KoR/Sure Feet
5. Fling - Block/Side Step/Jump Up
6. Fling - Block/Side Step
7. Fling - Block/Side Step
8. Fling - Dive Tackle/Side Step
9. Fling - Dive Tackle
10. Fling - Dive Tackle
11. Fling - 5spp
12. Fling - 0spp
13. Fling - 0spp
14. Fling - 0spp
15. Fling - 0spp
16. Fling - 0spp

2 Rerolls
1 Apothecary
1 Cheerleaders
0 Assistant Coaches
8 Fan Factor
Savings: 1,000K

These Hotpots are going to the Premiership! I've achieved what i set out to do, make a top tier Fling team. Where do i go from here?!? I think I'll be running the team till they get demoted, not got any illusions, that may well be the end of next season, but we'll have to wait and see how it goes. +MA/+MA/+AG/Sprint is a god amoung Halflings, he's so fast he can't fall short when I TTM him from the halfway line Big Grin

OCC - The Lancashire Hotpots - 1070TV

Season 1 - 1:4:4- 7th
Season 2 - 4:1:4 - 3rd

1. Treeman - Break Tackle/Guard/Grad
2. Treeman - Break Tackle/Guard
3. Fling - +AG/+ST/KoR/Sure Feet
4. Fling - +MA
5. Fling - Dive Tackle
6. Fling - Dive Tackle
7. Fling - 5spp
8. Fling - 5spp
9. Fling - 3spp
10. Fling - 2spp
11. Fling - 0spp
12. Fling - 0spp
13. Fling - 0spp

2 Rerolls
1 Apothecary
0 Cheerleaders
0 Assistant Coaches
8 Fan Factor
Savings: 370K

Finished in a reasonable spot this season, got a promotion. My Treemen suck, really need one of them to get hurt, I'm keeping them for the time being because the Guards really help now I have a +st Fling, well a +st/+ag/KoR/Sure Feet Fling to be more accurate, I love him, but he is pretty much the team all on his own, I'll be upset when he dies but I hope he'll see lvl 6 before that happens!

SvS - The Toasted Soldiers - 520TV

Season 1 - 3:2:4 - 7th
Season 2 - 1:2:6 - 10th

1. Fling - 5spp
2. Fling - 5spp
3. Fling - 5spp
4. Fling - 3spp
5. Fling - 3spp
6. Fling - 0spp
7. Fling - 0spp
8. Fling - 0spp
9. Fling - 0spp
10. Fling - 0spp
11. Fling - 0spp

2 Rerolls
0 Apothecary
2 Cheerleaders
2 Assistant Coaches
7 Fan Factor
Savings: 10K

Surprising enough, I'm retiring this team. I realised I wasn't going to have enough spare time anymore to play all 3 teams, then my +ag Fling died, next game my +ag Treeman experiment got -AV, next game his replacement treeman died along with my other treeman, I played the last 2 games of the season with Loner Treemen, wasn't a great deal of fun, note to self, don't forget to buy a tree surgeon...

'Well it's the Verbal Herman Munster, word enhancer, sick of phony mobsters controling the dance floor, I'm in those dark places, catch you when your stark naked, your heart races as i bump you for your chart spaces!'
4-Apr-2012, 10:46 PM
[Image: Toke2ag.jpg]

Cough!

4-Apr-2012, 10:59 PM
Freak. Clearly Toke is on drugs.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
5-Apr-2012, 04:29 PM
barely a game goes by when Toke doesn't get sky high Big Grin

13-Apr-2012, 06:37 PM
[Image: Coffinlvl6.jpg]

The midget, the legend, OCC's one and only lvl6 'Fling!!!! And in only 22 games, my Star GR only managed lvl6 in 18 games... Angel

Coffin, was a little whimp with breathing problems, the runt of the litter, even the head coach thought he was doomed to a finish his career in small wooden box sooner rather than later, Coffin had other ideas, he was crafty, he was different and he knew it. Now he just had to figure out how to show the world what a short man with a pot on his head could do.

After a few games dancing around on the scrim line, surviving 'The great back to back dorf masacure of MD1 and 2' he decide he needed to learn a new skill to show The Pots head coach why he deserved to be looked after. His cunning plan? Bacon grease and jam, odd combination but it worked, the bacon grease let him slip and slide through the opponents line with ease, while dipping both his hands in a giant jar of jam before each drive still let him pick up the ball with ease, a star was in the making.

This worked wonders, Coffin suddenly found himself safely stood on the side lines though some of the bloodiest games he'd ever seen, but there was more, Coffin soon realised that if he imagined the ball was a gaint pie falling from the sky his stomach would bend time and let him get into position for a catch in a fraction of a secound, he'd have the ball and be safely back to the Treemen before the rest of the team had even picked the scraps out of their teeth. A little lick of his jam covered hands and he was sure he could run the extra mile with ease.

What happend next is a bit of a mystery, after a rather challenging game a wizard approached Coffin, a strange smell was coming from the brown paper bag he cluched in his hand, after explaining to Coffin that he was a massive fan, he rusteled in his paper bag and produced a strange glowing pastry, it wasn't very big, Coffin was taken aback that such a massive fan would give him such a tiny present, but it was food, you can't turn down a free meal, that'd be madness, whats the worst that could happen, Coffin stuffed the pastry in his mouth and after licking the crumbs off his chin he turned to thank the wizard for the treat, but the wizard was gone, all that could be seen was a brown paper bag driftinng around in the wind. A sharp pain struck Coffin in the stomach, he started to black out, 'Arrrgh, I've been poisoned!' it was a trick, he'd be sniped by free food, the dirty wizard knew his weekness, Coffin colasped in a small heep of blubber, this wa no way for a halfling to go, killed by the most important thing in his life, food. Some time passed, Coffin woke with a start, surprised he'd survived the underhand tricks of the magic giant, but he felt odd, somehow stronger than before, maybe he was a fan after all and not an assassin, Coffin woddled home, thinking about what had passed the day before, he knocked on his front door, his fist went clean through the wooden panel, 'That's odd' he thought, 'I'm sure I wasn't that strong yesterday...', A star had been born!

It was only a matter of time before Coffin would learn another trick, more speed! Fast, Strong, Agile, nothing can stop this little man!

23-May-2017, 01:11 PM
Hi

Awesome guide!

In a turnament setting were you could roster inducements in an ressurection turnament;

Whould you go for Zara or Deeproot?

(1160k gold, star players allowed, chef for 100k)
Chef Zara and puggy? chef Deep root and puggy? Something else?